Compost Is Currently Available at Twin Oaks Facility
Compost is made of shredded leaves, grass clippings, and yard waste, making it a great soil amendment! Compost improves soils through the addition of organic matter which reduces the compaction of our clay soils, adds natural plant nutrients and aids drainage.
Iredell County residents can pick up compost on a first-come, first-served basis. One loader bucket (roughly four yards) is available for free per day. Additional quantities may be purchased at $5/per loader bucket. One dump truck or trailer load per day is allowed per household. Loading service is provided for bulk quantities only and can be loaded onto trucks and trailers. A liability waiver must be completed prior to loading. Loading hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. Holidays may effect these hours. Delivery is not available.
- Enter the facility at 354 Twin Oaks Road
- Stop at the scale house
- Take the second road on the right and follow the signs for the "Brush" area
- Note: The new brush area is roughly 1-mile from the scale house; follow the signs!
- Pull to the right near the compost pile to be loaded with compost
- Sign a liability waiver and provide to the Site Operator